Electrum Turboshift Acrylic Paint
Please note that Shopify does not charge or collect VAT, GST, or any other international taxes, tariffs, or importation levies. You may be responsible for paying an import fee when receiving your shipment.
So... back in the day we accidentally switched the Electrum and Radium pigments when we made our first batches. Consequently writing descriptions for these colors has been hard because the name doesn't match the color anymore, but it's been far too long to change them back, so here we are.
With a reddish tint in the bottle, Electrum, when used over a black primer, exhibits a subtle color shift between greens, golds, and a hint of warm something or other on the finish. It is always changing and doesn't have an either/or kind of look.
Turboshift paints are made with tiny glass-like flakes that work like millions of small prisms within the paint. Depending on how the flakes are made, different colors are refracted or reflected in the light. In layman's terms this means that the paint changes color depending on what light you are viewing it under, and what angle you are holding it to that light.
Formulated for airbrush use, but may also be hand brushed.
1. Don't worry if the color of your paint looks different in the bottle than the label.
2. Shake the bottle until you hear the mixing ball rattling around, then shake some more.
3. To avoid a mess, make sure the bottle tip is clear before squeezing.
4. Use isopropyl alcohol or Simple Green for cleanup of dried paint.
5. To begin with, stick to the base color recommended on the bottle (black or white)
6. Apply 2 to 4 thin, even coats of paint with airbrush or paintbrush.
7. For airbrushing, we recommend to start with 0.5 nozzle, 25 to 30 psi and thinning by diluting 3 parts paint with 1 part airbrush medium.
8. For hand-brushing, dilute with either airbrush medium or a small amount of water using a wet brush.
9. For more information on "How to Use, see the Learning Center.
Production and convention schedules permitting, we pack and ship orders every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Tracking info will be provided when the shipping label is created, but might take a few days to update if package pickups are delayed.
Default shipping is via USPS First Class Package Service. We also offer USPS Priority and UPS Ground. All of these options come with tracking, which will be emailed to you after your order has been shipped.
We currently are only able to service our international customers through UPS Worldwide, due to issues with USPS international shipments. We are constantly looking into new methods to make shipping outside of the US faster and cheaper, to better serve you, our customers.
One such potential new method for international shipping that we are testing is the FlavorCloud service. This service determines the best shipping option and carrier for each order based upon the country you are located in. VAT, GST, other taxes, tariffs, or importation levies are calculated upfront and provided as part of the shopping cart checkout process. Packages are delivered duty paid.
Please see our Return Policy