The end of the year is near and I decided I wanted to include one more blog on a specific color range before the clock strikes midnight on 2021. I decided on going with "Yellow" when I found some great rubber ducks. The ducks brought back memories of Greg's college photo project where he took photos of them swimming on a chicken noodle soup lake.
For a long time I have been interested in being able to compare different shades of the same basic color as an ongoing series. I was trying to decide what to start with when two things happened: 1) the Turbo Dork bundles got rebundled with a Greg's Gets featuring pinks and 2) I found a set of pig cake toppers that wanted to be painted. So Pink it is.
After recovering from painting examples for the new paints, I wanted something purely fun that I could do a bit of experimenting for myself on. I have long wanted to try out doing some verdigris on a "copper" figure. So I started with a young copper dragon but ended up with a piece of terrain.
Each time Turbo Dork has released new paints, I have created a set of figures featuring my own take on them. This time is no different except that they are all rolled up into this one blog post. In addition, to featuring photos of all 11 new paints, I have added comments describing my take on the color and other things I discovered while working with them.
Folks occasionally ask about mixing different Turbo Dork paints together as well as with other acrylic paints. The party line from Turbo Dork is that one should not mix two turboshifts. This recommendation is not based on actual practice but rather the theory that blending them when wet would screw up the balance required for the color change. Therefore, this post is devoted to trying out different mixes and documenting the results for you all to see --- turboshift + turboshift, turboshift + metallic, metallic + metallic, and metallic + other acrylic materials.